Loading... Please wait...


Glera is a long-standing synonym of northern Italy's Prosecco grape, and the name by which it is now officially known. This green-skinned variety has been grown for hundreds of years in the Veneto and Friuli regions, most famously to produce sparkling Prosecco wines.

All the wines are made predominantly from the Prosecco (Glera) grape, which must make up at least 85 percent of the final blend. However, many producers make 100 percent versions. For the white wines, the varieties permitted to make up the remaining 15 percent include local varieties Bianchetta Trevigiana and Perera. International options are Chardonnay, Pinot Bianco, Pinot Grigio and Pinot Nero (vinified as a white wine).

Synonyms include: Serprina, Prosecco Bianco, Proseko Sciprina.

Food matches for Glera include:

  • Linguine with sage and butter
  • Smoked-salmon crostini
  • Lychees in coconut milk
Sort by:

Didn't Find What You're Looking For?

Let us help you. We have created and maintain extensive lists of wines, spirits and liqueurs readily available outside of our current stock. Simply select and submit what you desire and we'll revert with a quote upon confirmation of availability:

If you still don't find what you're after, we also offer wine sourcing services through which we can secure and import specific wines and related items on your behalf.

Fantini Montepulciano d'Abruzzo

Sign up to our newsletter